Thursday, May 23, 2013

Cersei Lannister or Baratheon or whatever (Game of Thrones)

Cersei, to continue on my Lannister thing, I guess.  I'm really pretty happy with this one (although there are a bunch of little things that are bugging the hell out of me now that I am looking at it, which I am going to have to go fix).

This is the first of these that I actually sort worked like I used to, in the real media days, where I roughed out a pencil, then (on a new layer, instead of just over-top of the pencils, which I would later erase) I "inked" the picture, and removed (really, hid) the pencils.  It gives it more of a "clean" look, opposed to the others where I just use the eraser to whittle-down the roughs to something resembling a solid line.  I still have to do that somewhat here, since there is no "brush" really, without pressure sensitivity (oh god, how I want pressure sensitivity - Oh, and palm detection - ugh! it is so frustrating to have your picture suddenly zoom in the middle of a stroke, or random crazy lines appearing all over the place, or ending up at the Home screen, crashing your program and nearly loosing all that work. I say again, ugh!  But, I know the tablet does as well as it can.  I guess.  Sigh.  I really, really want a Surface Pro.  Or one of those big Wacom screen things.  I was thinking about those (used, of course), but the portability of the Surface really trumps it.  I am in need of a Laptop replacement soon anyway, so...

No comments:

Post a Comment