Thursday, May 23, 2013

Jamie Lannister (Game of Thrones)


I think the detail in this deserves an "original size" post.  (I down-graded the last few to just "extra large" since they blow up the page when they are posted at the full file size, even though the detail is nice.  They look really keen on the Nexus screen.

Anyway here's Jamie from season 3, which as soon as as I saw it, I wanted to draw it.  I actually started this, and then abandoned it, after not really being able to wrangle it (the horse particularly) into something resembling what I wanted, or thought looked ok.  So I did the (relatively quick) Tywin one instead.  I can back to this one and finally got it looking somewhat decent.  Scribbled a quick background (with added fog to cover most of the blemishes), and it actually turned into something pretty decent.  Dark, but not terrible.

I really played a lot with Sketchbook's different brushes and different colors (which, if I haven't said it enough, I never do.  I haven't painted in well over a decade. Shit, I think a decade-and-a-half. That's depressing. Aside from the occasional dry-erase doodle, I never work with color.  I hardly ever even draw anymore. Which is the point of this whole thing. But, I digress.)  I really missed having a decent art interface (the program is, I think, pretty close to as good as it could be, but the tablet just isn't designed for doing art. The Surface Pro, on the other hand, sorta is.).

No comments:

Post a Comment